Are you planning a trip to Las Vegas and wondering how far the Westgate Hotel is from the Strip?
Well, you’re in the right place because we’re going to give you a comprehensive guide on everything you need to know about the distance between Westgate Hotel and the Strip.
From the quickest route to the different modes of transportation available, we’ve got you covered. So, let’s dive in!
Understanding the Distance between Westgate Hotel and the Strip
Westgate Hotel is located just off the Strip, on Paradise Road. The distance between the hotel and the Strip depends on the starting point, but it is generally considered to be around 1.5 miles.
It is worth mentioning that the Strip itself is around 4 miles long, so Westgate Hotel is located towards the northern end. This means that some of the most popular attractions and hotels are located further south, but there are still plenty of things to see and do in the area around Westgate Hotel.
- To get from Westgate Hotel to the Strip by car, it usually takes around 5-10 minutes depending on traffic.
- Walking to the Strip is also possible, but it can take around 20-30 minutes depending on the starting point and the destination.
- There are also public transportation options available, such as the Las Vegas Monorail, which stops at Westgate Hotel and several locations along the Strip.
Keep in mind that traffic on the Strip can be heavy at times, especially during peak hours and weekends. It is recommended to plan ahead and allow extra time for transportation when visiting the area.
|Mode of Transportation||Estimated Time|
|Las Vegas Monorail||Varies depending on destination|
On the other hand, being located slightly off the Strip can have its advantages. Westgate Hotel offers a quieter and more relaxed atmosphere compared to some of the more crowded and busy hotels on the Strip. Additionally, the hotel offers a complimentary shuttle service to the Strip and Downtown Las Vegas, making it easy to explore the city without worrying about transportation.
Remember to always check the schedule and availability of transportation options when planning your trip to Las Vegas. Unfortunately, some of the information provided may change due to unforeseen circumstances, so it’s important to double-check before making any plans.
For more information about Westgate Hotel and its amenities, visit their official website at https://www.westgateresorts.com/hotels/nevada/las-vegas/westgate-las-vegas-resort-casino/.
Different Modes of Transportation from Westgate Hotel to the Strip
If you are staying at the Westgate Hotel and wondering how far it is from the Strip, then this guide is for you. Here are the different modes of transportation you can take from the Westgate Hotel to the Strip:
- Taking a Taxi: Taxis are a popular mode of transportation for tourists and locals alike. It is worth mentioning that the ride can take around 10-15 minutes depending on traffic conditions, and the fare can range from $15-$25, excluding tips. Keep in mind that there may be additional fees for luggage and airport pick-ups/drop-offs.
- Riding the Monorail: The Las Vegas Monorail is an efficient and cost-effective way to travel from the Westgate Hotel to the Strip. The monorail has a station at the Westgate Hotel and stops at seven stations along the Strip. A one-way ticket costs $5, and an unlimited day pass costs $13. Unfortunately, the monorail does not run 24/7, so make sure to check the schedule before planning your trip.
- Using a Rideshare Service: Rideshare services such as Uber and Lyft are widely available in Las Vegas. They are convenient, reliable, and often cheaper than taxis. The ride can take around 10-15 minutes depending on traffic conditions, and the fare can range from $10-$20, excluding tips. Remember that surge pricing may apply during peak hours, so plan accordingly.
- Driving: If you have a car or are renting one, driving from the Westgate Hotel to the Strip is an option. It is a short drive that can take around 10-15 minutes, depending on traffic conditions. Keep in mind that parking can be expensive on the Strip and that there may be additional fees for valet parking.
|Mode of Transportation||Estimated Time||Estimated Cost (Excluding Tips)|
|Monorail||10-15 minutes||$5 (One-way)
$13 (Unlimited day pass)
|Rideshare Service||10-15 minutes||$10-$20|
|Driving||10-15 minutes||Depends on parking fees|
Tips for Getting Around in Las Vegas
Las Vegas is a popular tourist destination with a plethora of activities for visitors to enjoy. In order to make the most out of your trip, it’s important to know how to get around the city. Here are some tips for getting around in Las Vegas:
- Consider walking from one casino to another: The Las Vegas Strip is approximately 4.2 miles long, and walking from one end to the other can take a while. However, walking can be a great way to see the sights and sounds of the city. It is worth mentioning that during the summer months, the temperatures can be extremely hot, so it’s important to stay hydrated and wear sunscreen.
- Take advantage of free shuttles provided by casinos: Many of the popular hotel chains, such as the MGM Grand and the Bellagio, offer free shuttles to take guests to and from the airport and other popular destinations. Keep in mind that these shuttles are often first come, first served, and they can fill up quickly.
- Download a map or use GPS to navigate: Las Vegas can be a confusing city to navigate, with its many one-way streets and complex intersections. Fortunately, there are many maps and GPS apps available that can help you find your way around. Some popular apps include Google Maps and Waze.
- Plan your transportation in advance: If you’re planning on taking a taxi or ride-sharing service, it’s important to plan ahead. During peak hours, such as Friday and Saturday nights, wait times for taxis and ride-sharing services can be long. On the other hand, during slower times, such as weekday afternoons, you may be able to get a ride quickly and at a lower cost.
By following these tips, you can navigate the city of Las Vegas like a pro and make the most out of your trip. Remember to stay hydrated, wear comfortable shoes, and have fun!
Best Time to Travel from Westgate Hotel to the Strip
When it comes to traveling from Westgate Hotel to the Strip, timing is everything. To make the most of your trip, it is worth mentioning that you should avoid traveling during rush hour. This is because traffic can be very heavy, which can cause delays and increase travel time. If you have to travel during peak hours, remember to plan for extra time to get to your destination.
On the other hand, the best time to travel from Westgate Hotel to the Strip is during midday or late at night. During these times, there is less traffic on the roads, which means that you can get to your destination faster. Keep in mind, however, that traveling late at night can be less safe, so it is important to take precautions and stay vigilant.
It is also a good idea to check for special events or road closures before you travel. This can help you to avoid any unexpected delays or detours that could impact your travel plans. You can check for information on road closures and traffic updates by visiting the website of the Las Vegas Department of Transportation (https://www.rtcsnv.com/).
FAQs about Westgate Hotel and the Strip
Is Westgate Hotel worth staying at?
Westgate Hotel is a great option for those who want to stay just off the Strip. Although it is not located on the Strip, it is only a short distance away from all the major attractions. The hotel offers a wide range of amenities, including a spa, pool, and fitness center. It also has several dining options, including a steakhouse and a sports bar. The rooms are spacious and well-appointed, with modern decor and comfortable furnishings.
What is the best casino on the Strip?
The best casino on the Strip depends on what you’re looking for. If you’re a fan of table games, you might want to check out the Bellagio or the Wynn, both of which are known for their high-end gaming experiences. If you’re more interested in slot machines, the Venetian and the Palazzo have some of the largest and most diverse collections of slots in Las Vegas. For a unique casino experience, the Cosmopolitan is a must-visit, with its modern decor and rooftop pool.
What is the best time to visit Las Vegas?
The best time to visit Las Vegas depends on your preferences. If you want to avoid the crowds and the heat, the best time to visit is in the fall or winter. Temperatures during these seasons are milder, and the crowds are thinner. If you don’t mind the heat and want to take advantage of the pool scene, the summer months are the best time to visit. Keep in mind that prices for hotels and flights can be higher during peak travel times, so it’s worth checking prices and availability before you book.
In conclusion, getting from Westgate Hotel to the Strip is easy and straightforward. There are various modes of transportation to choose from, and you can plan your travel in advance to avoid any inconveniences.
Whether you’re a first-time visitor or a frequent traveler to Las Vegas, we hope this comprehensive guide has helped you understand the distance between Westgate Hotel and the Strip. Have a great trip!