Looking to visit Las Vegas and wondering how many hotel rooms are available?
Well, you’re in the right place! In this article, we’ll provide a comprehensive guide on the number of hotel rooms in Las Vegas.
Whether you’re planning a trip to Sin City or just curious about its hotel accommodations, we’ve got you covered.
The Total Number of Hotel Rooms in Las Vegas
Las Vegas is a renowned tourist destination, known for its vibrant nightlife, entertainment, and casinos. As a result, the city has a vast number of hotels to accommodate its visitors. According to the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA), as of 2021, Las Vegas has a total of approximately 149,339 hotel rooms.
It is worth mentioning that this number has fluctuated over the years due to various factors such as economic situations, new hotel constructions, and demolitions. For instance, in 2015, the total number of hotel rooms in Las Vegas was approximately 149,339, which means that there was no significant change in the number of hotel rooms in six years.
When it comes to the most popular hotels in Las Vegas based on room count, the top three are the MGM Grand Hotel and Casino with approximately 6,852 rooms, the The Venetian Resort Las Vegas with approximately 7,117 rooms, and the Flamingo Las Vegas with approximately 3,626 rooms. These hotels are among the largest in the world and offer a wide range of services to their guests.
|Hotel Name||Number of Rooms|
|MGM Grand Hotel and Casino||6,852|
|The Venetian Resort Las Vegas||7,117|
|Flamingo Las Vegas||3,626|
Keep in mind that these hotels are not the only popular ones in Las Vegas. Other hotels such as The Bellagio Hotel and Casino, The Wynn Las Vegas, and The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas are also famous and offer luxurious accommodations.
Unfortunately, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the hospitality industry in Las Vegas has been severely affected. The number of visitors has decreased, resulting in a decrease in hotel occupancy rates. According to LVCVA, the average daily occupancy rate in Las Vegas was approximately 50.8% in 2020, compared to 88.9% in 2019.
Remember that Las Vegas is continually evolving, and new hotels are being built while old ones are being demolished. Therefore, the number of hotel rooms in Las Vegas is subject to change in the future.
For more information on the hospitality industry in Las Vegas, visit the LVCVA website.
The Different Types of Hotels in Las Vegas
Las Vegas is known for its vast array of hotels and resorts, catering to every type of traveler. From luxurious and extravagant resorts to budget-friendly motels, there is no shortage of options for those visiting Sin City. Below are the different types of hotels in Las Vegas:
- Luxury hotels: Las Vegas is home to some of the most extravagant and luxurious hotels in the world. These hotels feature world-class amenities such as fine dining restaurants, high-end shopping malls, spas, and nightclubs. Popular luxury hotels in Las Vegas include the Bellagio, Wynn, and the Venetian.
- Budget hotels: For budget-conscious travelers, Las Vegas has plenty of affordable options. These hotels may not have all the bells and whistles of luxury resorts, but they still offer comfortable accommodations and prime locations on or near the Las Vegas Strip. Popular budget hotels in Las Vegas include the Circus Circus Hotel & Casino and the Excalibur Hotel & Casino.
- Boutique hotels: Boutique hotels in Las Vegas offer a unique experience for travelers who want something different from the typical Las Vegas resort. These hotels are often smaller and more intimate, with personalized service and unique decor. Popular boutique hotels in Las Vegas include the Artisan Hotel Boutique and The Cromwell.
- Off-Strip hotels: For those who want to experience Las Vegas beyond the Strip, there are plenty of off-Strip hotels to choose from. These hotels are often more affordable than their Strip counterparts and offer a more local, authentic experience. Popular off-Strip hotels in Las Vegas include the Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa and the Green Valley Ranch Resort & Spa.
Keep in mind that each type of hotel has its own unique benefits and drawbacks. Luxury hotels may offer the most amenities, but they come with a higher price tag. Budget hotels may be more affordable, but they may not have all the amenities and services of a luxury resort. Boutique hotels offer a unique experience, but they may not have the same level of service as larger hotels. And off-Strip hotels may offer a more local experience, but they may not be as convenient for exploring the main attractions in Las Vegas.
|Luxury hotels||Bellagio, Wynn, Venetian|
|Budget hotels||Circus Circus, Excalibur|
|Boutique hotels||Artisan Hotel, The Cromwell|
|Off-Strip hotels||Red Rock Casino, Green Valley Ranch|
It is worth mentioning that Las Vegas has a wide range of hotels to suit every type of traveler and budget. When choosing a hotel, remember to consider factors such as location, amenities, and price. Unfortunately, Las Vegas hotel occupancy rates have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. According to LVCVA, the average hotel occupancy rate in Las Vegas was 42.3% in 2020, down from 88.9% in 2019. However, with the vaccine rollout and the easing of travel restrictions, Las Vegas is expected to bounce back and regain its position as a top tourist destination.
The Largest Hotels in Las Vegas
Las Vegas is known for its extravagant hotels, but some are on a whole other level. Here are the top 5 largest hotels in Las Vegas:
- MGM Grand Hotel & Casino – With a staggering 6,852 rooms, the MGM Grand is not only the largest hotel in Las Vegas, but also one of the largest hotels in the world. It features four pools, a spa, a variety of restaurants and bars, and even a theme park.
- The Venetian and The Palazzo – These two hotels are connected and together have 7,117 rooms. The Venetian is known for its indoor canals and gondola rides, while The Palazzo offers luxury suites and a 40-foot-tall living wall.
- Circus Circus Hotel & Casino – Circus Circus boasts 3,773 rooms and is famous for its indoor amusement park, Adventuredome. It also has a wedding chapel, multiple dining options, and a casino.
- Wynn Las Vegas and Encore – These sister hotels have a combined total of 4,748 rooms. Wynn Las Vegas is known for its elegant decor and upscale dining options, while Encore offers spacious suites and a vibrant nightlife scene.
- Stratosphere Hotel, Casino & Tower – The Stratosphere has 2,427 rooms and is famous for its 1,149-foot-tall tower, which offers panoramic views of the city. It also has thrill rides at the top, including a roller coaster and a bungee jump.
What makes these hotels unique is not just their size, but also the amenities they offer. From theme parks and indoor canals to elegant decor and panoramic views, each hotel has something special to offer.
|MGM Grand Hotel & Casino||6,852||Four pools, spa, theme park, multiple dining options, casino|
|The Venetian and The Palazzo||7,117||Indoor canals, gondola rides, luxury suites, 40-foot-tall living wall, multiple dining options, casino|
|Circus Circus Hotel & Casino||3,773||Indoor amusement park, multiple dining options, wedding chapel, casino|
|Wynn Las Vegas and Encore||4,748||Elegant decor, upscale dining options, spacious suites, vibrant nightlife scene, multiple pools, spa, golf course, casino|
|Stratosphere Hotel, Casino & Tower||2,427||1,149-foot-tall tower with panoramic views, thrill rides at the top, multiple dining options, casino|
As you can see, each of these hotels has a unique set of amenities to offer its guests. Whether you’re looking for a theme park, indoor canals, or panoramic views, there’s a hotel in Las Vegas that has it all.
If you are interested in learning more about the largest hotels in Las Vegas, https://www.visitlasvegas.com/hotels/large-hotels/ provides additional information on these properties.
The Newest Hotels in Las Vegas
Las Vegas is a city that is constantly evolving, and every year sees the opening of new and exciting hotels. These hotels offer an array of amenities and services, and their room counts are impressive. Here are some of the newest hotels in Las Vegas:
- Resorts World Las Vegas: This hotel opened in June 2021 and boasts 3,500 rooms. It is the first new resort to open on the Strip in over a decade and offers a variety of amenities, including a 5.5-acre pool complex, a 117,000 square-foot casino, and a 5,000-seat theater.
- Circa Resort & Casino: This hotel opened in October 2020 and has 777 rooms. It is the first new casino to open in downtown Las Vegas in 40 years and features the world’s largest sportsbook, a rooftop lounge, and a pool amphitheater.
- Virgin Hotels Las Vegas: This hotel opened in March 2021 and has 1,504 rooms. It is the first Virgin Hotels property in Las Vegas and features a 60,000 square-foot casino, a 4,500 capacity theater, and numerous dining and entertainment options.
If you’re planning on staying at one of these new hotels, you can expect the latest in luxury and technology. Each hotel offers a wide range of amenities, including state-of-the-art fitness centers, spas, and pools. Additionally, the rooms are equipped with the latest technology, such as smart TVs and high-speed internet.
|Hotel||Room Count||Notable Amenities|
|Resorts World Las Vegas||3,500||5.5-acre pool complex, 117,000 sq-ft casino, 5,000-seat theater|
|Circa Resort & Casino||777||World’s largest sportsbook, rooftop lounge, pool amphitheater|
|Virgin Hotels Las Vegas||1,504||60,000 sq-ft casino, 4,500 capacity theater, numerous dining and entertainment options|
It is worth mentioning that these new hotels are just a few of the many world-renowned hotels that Las Vegas has to offer. Keep in mind that room rates may vary depending on the time of year and availability. Unfortunately, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, some amenities and services may be limited or temporarily unavailable. Remember to check the hotel’s website for the latest information and updates.
The Future of Las Vegas Hotels
Las Vegas is known for its luxurious hotels and resorts, and it seems like there is no end to the number of new hotel projects in the city. These upcoming hotels are set to offer even more amenities and services to visitors, making Las Vegas an even more attractive destination for tourists and business travelers alike.
Upcoming Hotel Projects in Las Vegas
One of the most highly anticipated hotel projects in Las Vegas is the Resorts World Las Vegas, which is set to open in the summer of 2021. This hotel will have over 3,500 rooms, making it one of the largest hotels on the Las Vegas Strip. Resorts World Las Vegas will also feature a 5,000-seat theater, a 220,000 square foot pool complex, and a 117,000 square foot casino.
Another new hotel that is generating a lot of buzz is the Circa Resort and Casino, which is set to open in late 2020. This hotel will have over 777 rooms and suites, and will be the first new-build hotel in downtown Las Vegas in over 40 years. The Circa Resort and Casino will feature the largest sportsbook in Las Vegas, as well as a rooftop deck and pool amphitheater.
Other upcoming hotels in Las Vegas include the Dream Las Vegas, which will have over 450 rooms and suites, and the W Las Vegas, which will have over 300 rooms and suites. Both of these hotels are expected to open in 2023.
How These Hotels Will Impact the City
These new hotel projects will have a significant impact on Las Vegas, both in terms of tourism and the local economy. The addition of thousands of new hotel rooms will make it easier for visitors to find accommodations in the city, and will likely lead to an increase in tourism. This, in turn, will create more job opportunities for locals and boost the local economy.
Moreover, the new hotels will offer a range of amenities and services that will appeal to a wider range of travelers. From the largest sportsbook in Las Vegas to a 5,000-seat theater, these hotels will provide new entertainment options for visitors to the city.
The Expected Room Count and Amenities of Each Hotel
|Hotel Name||Expected Room Count||Main Amenities|
|Resorts World Las Vegas||3,500+||
|Circa Resort and Casino||777||
|Dream Las Vegas||450+||
|W Las Vegas||300+||
It is worth mentioning that each of these hotels will offer a range of other amenities and services, including multiple dining options, retail shops, and meeting and event spaces. Keep in mind that these amenities can vary depending on the hotel and its target market.
In conclusion, Las Vegas is home to a massive number of hotel rooms that cater to a wide range of budgets and preferences.
Whether you’re looking to stay in a luxury resort or a budget hotel, there are plenty of options to choose from.
And with new hotels constantly being built and planned, the number of hotel rooms in Las Vegas is only set to grow in the coming years.
So start planning your trip to Sin City today and enjoy all that it has to offer!