Heading to Los Cabos for a vacation? One of the first things you’ll need to figure out is how to get from the airport to your hotel. Fortunately, there are several options available to you.
If you’re short on time, here’s a quick answer to your question: You can take a taxi, a shared shuttle, or rent a car to get from Los Cabos International Airport to your hotel. In this article, we’ll go over each of these options in more detail, so you can decide which one is right for you.
In this article, we’ll also provide some tips and tricks for navigating the airport and finding your way to your hotel, as well as some advice on what to expect once you arrive.
Taking a Taxi
One of the most common options to get from Los Cabos International Airport to your hotel is by taxi. Taking a taxi has its pros and cons, so it is worth mentioning that you should consider them before choosing this transportation method.
- Pros: Taxis are typically available 24/7 and can take you directly to your hotel without any stops. They can also be more comfortable than other transportation options.
- Cons: Taxis can be more expensive than other options such as shuttles or buses. You also run the risk of encountering fraudulent taxi drivers who overcharge or take longer routes to increase the fare.
If you decide to take a taxi, you can easily find them at the airport. Upon exiting the airport terminal, you will see a line of taxis waiting outside. It is a good idea to choose a taxi from a reputable company and check that the driver has a valid taxi license displayed in the vehicle.
When taking a taxi, keep in mind that the fare will depend on your destination and the time of day. It is recommended to establish the fare with the driver before getting in the vehicle to avoid any surprises. Remember that tipping is customary in Mexico and usually ranges from 10% to 20% of the fare.
On the other hand, if you are traveling with a group or have a lot of luggage, taking a taxi may be a more convenient and comfortable option. Additionally, if you are in a hurry or arriving at the airport during off-hours, a taxi may be the only available option.
Using a Shared Shuttle
One of the most popular ways to get from Los Cabos International Airport to your hotel is by using a shared shuttle. This option is convenient for travelers who want to save money and don’t mind sharing a ride with other passengers. However, there are some pros and cons to consider before booking a shared shuttle.
Pros of Using a Shared Shuttle
- Cost-effective: Shared shuttles are cheaper than private transfers or taxis.
- Environmentally friendly: Sharing a ride reduces carbon emissions and helps to preserve the environment.
- Opportunity to meet other travelers: You may make new friends or get travel tips from other passengers.
Cons of Using a Shared Shuttle
- Longer travel time: You may need to wait for other passengers to arrive or to be dropped off at their hotels.
- No privacy: You will be sharing the shuttle with other passengers, so you won’t have the privacy you would have in a private transfer or taxi.
- Possible delays: If other passengers are running late, it may delay your arrival at your hotel.
Finding a Shared Shuttle at Los Cabos International Airport
There are several shuttle companies that operate at Los Cabos International Airport, including Cabo Shuttle Services, TransCabo Shuttle Services, and Gray Line Los Cabos. You can book a shuttle online in advance or at the airport upon arrival. Look for the shuttle company’s kiosk or representative at the terminal.
What to Expect when Using a Shared Shuttle
When you book a shared shuttle, you will be given instructions on where to meet your shuttle and what to do if your flight is delayed or canceled. The shuttle will typically make stops at several hotels, so be prepared for a longer travel time than a private transfer or taxi. Keep in mind that the shuttle may not drop you off directly in front of your hotel, so you may need to walk a short distance to reach your destination.
It is worth mentioning that shared shuttles are a popular option for travelers to Los Cabos, so it is recommended to book in advance to secure your spot. Remember to keep your luggage with you at all times and to confirm your return shuttle reservation with the company before your departure.
Renting a Car
If you’re looking for the ultimate freedom in exploring Los Cabos, renting a car might be the best choice for you. Here are some pros and cons to keep in mind:
- Pros: You can explore at your own pace, visit more remote locations, and have the convenience of your own transportation.
- Cons: Driving in Mexico can be challenging, especially if you’re not used to the roads or the local driving culture. Additionally, parking near popular tourist areas can be expensive or hard to find.
If you still decide to rent a car, you can do so at the Los Cabos International Airport. Most major car rental companies have a presence there, including:
- Avis: https://www.avis.com/en/locations/mx/san-jose-del-cabo/sjd
- Hertz: https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/location/mexico/san-jose-del-cabo/SJD
- National: https://www.nationalcar.com/en/locations/mx/san-jose-del-cabo-airport-los-cabos-international-airport-sjd.html
When you arrive at the airport, follow the signs to the car rental area. Depending on the company you choose, you may need to take a shuttle to their off-site location. Be sure to have your driver’s license, credit card, and any other required documents ready.
When renting a car, keep in mind that Mexican law requires liability insurance, which should be included in your rental agreement. Additionally, carefully inspect the car for any pre-existing damage and take note of it before leaving the lot. Finally, if you plan to cross the border into the United States, be sure to let the rental company know and obtain any necessary permits or documentation.
Tips for Navigating the Airport
When arriving at Los Cabos International Airport, it is important for travelers to know how to navigate the airport in an efficient and stress-free manner. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Getting through customs and immigration: All travelers, including those from the United States and Canada, must pass through customs and immigration. Make sure to have all necessary documents ready, such as a passport and visa if required. In peak travel season, the lines can be long, so it is worth mentioning that travelers can expedite the process by filling out forms online before arriving at the airport.
- Finding baggage claim: After clearing customs, travelers will need to retrieve their luggage. Follow the signs to baggage claim, where bags will be on a conveyor belt. Keep in mind that it may take some time for bags to arrive, so it is recommended to use the restroom or grab a snack while waiting.
- Getting transportation information: Once luggage has been collected, travelers can find information on transportation options to their hotel. Popular hotel chains like Hilton and Marriott often have representatives at the airport who can assist with transportation arrangements. Alternatively, there are taxis and shuttle services available for hire.
- Navigating the airport with children or mobility issues: Los Cabos International Airport is fully accessible to travelers with disabilities, with ramps, elevators, and disabled parking spaces available. For families traveling with young children, there are baby changing stations located throughout the airport. Additionally, there are several play areas where children can burn off some energy before boarding their flight.
By following these tips, travelers can navigate Los Cabos International Airport with ease and get to their hotel in a timely manner.
What to Expect When You Arrive at Your Hotel
After a long flight to Los Cabos International Airport, you will likely be eager to get to your hotel and start your vacation. When you arrive at your hotel, there are a few things you can expect:
- Checking in: When you arrive at the hotel, you will need to check in at the front desk. Make sure you have a valid ID and a credit card for any incidentals. Some hotels may require a deposit, so be sure to check with the front desk if you have any questions.
- Getting to your room: Once you have checked in, you will be given your room key and directions to your room. Some hotels may have bellhops or luggage carts available to assist you with your luggage.
- What to do if you have any issues: If you encounter any issues with your room or have any questions during your stay, don’t hesitate to contact the front desk. They are there to assist you and will do their best to resolve any issues you may have.
It is worth mentioning that some hotels may offer additional services or amenities upon check-in, such as welcome drinks or a tour of the property. Keep in mind that these services may vary from hotel to hotel.
On the other hand, unfortunately, some hotels may experience issues with overbooking or room availability. If this happens to you, the hotel should work with you to find a resolution, such as offering a room at a nearby hotel or compensating you for the inconvenience.
|Hotel Chains||Check-in Policy||Additional Services|
|Hilton||Check-in time is typically 3:00 PM, check-out time is 12:00 PM||Some hotels may offer welcome drinks or snacks, digital key access, or on-site restaurants|
|Marriott||Check-in time is typically 4:00 PM, check-out time is 11:00 AM||Some hotels may offer mobile check-in, room upgrades, or loyalty program benefits|
|Hyatt||Check-in time is typically 3:00 PM, check-out time is 12:00 PM||Some hotels may offer early check-in or late check-out, on-site spas, or fitness centers|
Remember, the hotel staff is there to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. Don’t hesitate to ask for assistance or make any special requests during your stay.
In conclusion, there are several options available to you for getting from Los Cabos International Airport to your hotel. Whether you choose to take a taxi, a shared shuttle, or rent a car, it’s important to do your research beforehand to ensure you have a smooth and stress-free experience.
We hope this article has been helpful in providing you with the information you need to make the best decision for your travel needs. Enjoy your trip to Los Cabos!