If you’ve ever stayed in a luxury hotel, you know how inviting and comfortable their beds can be. But did you know that you can easily achieve that same level of comfort and style in your own bedroom?
In this article, we’ll show you how to layer a bed like a hotel, step by step. From choosing the right bedding to arranging the pillows, we’ve got you covered.
If you’re short on time, here’s a quick answer to your question: To layer a bed like a hotel, start with a quality mattress, add a plush mattress topper, and layer on crisp, white sheets. Top it off with a fluffy comforter, and arrange pillows in a variety of sizes and textures.
Keep reading for more detailed tips and tricks!
Choosing the Right Bedding
When it comes to layering a bed like a hotel, selecting the right bedding is key. Here are some tips to help you choose the best bedding:
- Start with a Quality Mattress: A good mattress is the foundation of a comfortable bed. Hotels typically invest in high-quality mattresses that provide excellent support and comfort to their guests. Consider investing in a good quality mattress that fits your needs and preferences.
- Add a Plush Mattress Topper: Mattress toppers are an inexpensive way to add extra comfort and support to your bed. They come in a variety of materials, such as memory foam or down, and can help to relieve pressure points and reduce tossing and turning.
- Select Crisp, White Sheets: Hotels typically use white, high-quality sheets that are crisp and clean. White sheets give a feeling of luxury and cleanliness, and are easy to clean and maintain. Look for sheets with a high thread count, which will feel soft and smooth against your skin.
- Choose a Fluffy Comforter: A fluffy comforter is the centerpiece of a hotel-style bed. Look for a comforter that is soft, lightweight, and fluffy, but also provides enough warmth to keep you comfortable throughout the night. Down comforters are a popular choice because they are lightweight and warm.
Remember, the quality of your bedding can make a big difference in the comfort of your bed. Investing in high-quality bedding can provide years of comfort and a luxurious sleeping experience.
Layering Your Bedding
When it comes to creating a luxurious and comfortable bed, layering your bedding is key. Here are some tips and tricks on how to layer your bed like a hotel:
- Fold Down the Top Sheet: Start by folding down the top sheet about one-third of the way down the bed. This will create a smooth base layer for the rest of your bedding.
- Add a Lightweight Blanket: Layer a lightweight blanket on top of the folded-down sheet. This will add warmth and texture to your bed.
- Layer on the Duvet or Comforter: Place a duvet or comforter on top of the lightweight blanket. Make sure to fluff it up to create a plush and inviting look.
- Add a Throw Blanket or Quilt: To add even more texture and warmth to your bedding, layer on a throw blanket or quilt. This can be folded and placed at the foot of the bed or draped over the side.
- Tuck in the Sides and Foot of the Bed: Tuck in the sides and foot of the bed to create a neat and tidy appearance. This will also help keep your bedding in place throughout the night.
- Arrange Pillows in Various Sizes and Textures: Finally, add pillows in various sizes and textures to complete the look. Start with two or three Euro shams against the headboard, followed by standard pillows, and finish with accent pillows or a bolster at the front.
Remember, the key to layering your bedding like a hotel is to create a comfortable and inviting space. Keep in mind that the quality of your bedding is also important. Consider investing in high-quality sheets, duvets, and pillows to ensure a comfortable night’s sleep.
It is worth mentioning that different hotels have different styles of layering their beds. Some hotels may skip the top sheet and only use a duvet, while others may layer multiple blankets and quilts. It ultimately depends on the hotel’s aesthetic and the level of comfort they want to provide to their guests.
If you want to compare different hotel bedding styles, you can visit Conde Nast Traveler for recommendations. They have a list of the best hotel beds and where to buy them.
When it comes to creating a hotel-like bed, the finishing touches can make all the difference. Here are some tips for adding those extra details:
- Add a Bed Skirt: A bed skirt not only adds a decorative touch, but it can also hide any under-bed storage or unsightly bed frames. Choose a bed skirt that matches the color scheme of your bedding for a cohesive look.
- Incorporate Decorative Pillows: Decorative pillows are a great way to add visual interest to your bed. Start with two or three standard pillows for sleeping, then add a mix of decorative pillows in different sizes and shapes. Just be sure not to go overboard, as too many pillows can be overwhelming.
- Accessorize with a Throw or Accent Rug: A throw or accent rug can add texture and warmth to your bed. Choose a throw that complements your bedding, or add an accent rug at the foot of the bed for a pop of color. Keep in mind that these accessories should be functional as well as decorative.
By incorporating these finishing touches, you can take your bed from ordinary to luxurious.
By following these simple tips, you can transform your bed into a luxurious retreat that rivals any high-end hotel. Remember to choose quality bedding, layer it with care, and add finishing touches that suit your personal style.
We hope you found this article helpful and informative. Sweet dreams!