If you’ve been following American politics in recent years, you’ve likely heard of Donald Trump and his business empire.
One aspect of his business that often comes up is his ownership of numerous hotels located both in the US and abroad.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the various hotel chains that Donald Trump owns and explore some of the controversies surrounding his ownership.
Trump Hotels is a luxury hotel brand owned by former US President Donald Trump. The brand was launched in 2007 and has since expanded to various locations in the US and around the world.
Locations of Trump Hotels
Currently, there are 11 Trump Hotels located in the US and abroad. These include:
- Trump International Hotel Washington, D.C. – Located in the heart of Washington D.C., this hotel features over 260 luxury guest rooms and suites.
- Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago – This hotel is located in downtown Chicago and features over 330 guest rooms and suites.
- Trump International Hotel & Tower New York – Situated in Manhattan, this hotel boasts over 175 luxury guest rooms and suites.
- Trump International Hotel Las Vegas – Located just off the Las Vegas strip, this hotel offers over 1,200 guest rooms and suites.
- Trump International Hotel & Tower Vancouver – This hotel is located in Vancouver, Canada, and features over 140 luxury guest rooms and suites.
- Trump Turnberry, a Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland – This Scottish resort features over 100 guest rooms and suites, as well as a golf course and spa.
- Trump National Doral Miami – Located in Miami, Florida, this hotel features over 600 guest rooms and suites, a spa, and several golf courses.
- Trump International Golf Club, Dubai – This hotel and golf resort is located in Dubai, UAE, and features over 200 luxury guest rooms and suites.
- Trump International Hotel & Tower Baku – This hotel is located in Baku, Azerbaijan, and features over 170 luxury guest rooms and suites.
- Trump International Hotel & Tower Panama – Situated in Panama City, Panama, this hotel features over 300 luxury guest rooms and suites.
- Albemarle Estate at Trump Winery – This estate is located in Charlottesville, Virginia, and features luxury guest rooms and suites, as well as a winery.
Features and Amenities of Trump Hotels
Trump Hotels are known for their luxurious accommodations and top-notch amenities. Some of the features that guests can expect to find at these hotels include:
- Spas and wellness centers – Many Trump Hotels feature on-site spas and wellness centers, offering guests a variety of treatments and services.
- Fine dining restaurants – Trump Hotels are home to some of the best restaurants in the world, with menus crafted by top chefs.
- Meeting and event spaces – Whether guests are planning a corporate event or a wedding, Trump Hotels offer a range of meeting and event spaces to accommodate their needs.
- Golf courses – Several Trump Hotels are home to championship golf courses, designed by some of the biggest names in the sport.
- High-end retail shops – Trump Hotels often feature high-end retail shops, offering guests a chance to shop for luxury goods.
Other Trump-Owned Hotels
While Donald Trump is known for his ownership of hotels bearing his name, there are also other hotels that he owns that do not have the Trump branding.
One such hotel is the Scion hotel in Cleveland, Ohio. This hotel was opened in 2018 and is owned by the Trump Organization. It is worth mentioning that the Scion brand was launched as a way for the Trump Organization to expand without using the Trump name.
Another property owned by Trump is the Trump International Hotel Las Vegas. This hotel is located just off the Las Vegas Strip and is a non-gaming hotel. It boasts of 1,232 suites, a 10,000 square foot spa, and a rooftop pool.
The Trump National Doral Miami is another non-Trump branded hotel that is owned by the Trump Organization. This resort is located in Doral, Florida and features 643 rooms and suites. It also has five golf courses, including the famous Blue Monster course.
Additionally, Trump owns the Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago. This hotel is located in downtown Chicago and has 339 guest rooms and suites. It also has a spa, a fitness center, and a restaurant.
Lastly, Trump Turnberry in Scotland is another non-Trump branded hotel that is owned by the Trump Organization. This hotel is located on the west coast of Scotland and features 103 guest rooms and suites. It also has a golf course and a spa.
It is worth noting that while these hotels do not bear the Trump name, they still feature the same level of luxury and attention to detail that is synonymous with the Trump brand.
|Scion Hotel||Cleveland, Ohio||Newly opened, non-Trump branded|
|Trump International Hotel Las Vegas||Las Vegas, Nevada||1,232 suites, non-gaming hotel|
|Trump National Doral Miami||Doral, Florida||643 rooms and suites, five golf courses|
|Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago||Chicago, Illinois||339 guest rooms and suites, spa, fitness center, restaurant|
|Trump Turnberry||Scotland||103 guest rooms and suites, golf course, spa|
It is important to keep in mind that while these hotels are not branded with the Trump name, they are still owned by the Trump Organization. Unfortunately, due to the controversial nature of Trump’s presidency, some guests may choose to avoid these hotels.
On the other hand, for those who are not politically swayed, these hotels offer luxurious accommodations and amenities that are sure to please.
If you are interested in learning more about these hotels, you can visit the Trump Hotels website for additional information.
Controversies Surrounding Trump’s Hotel Ownership
Donald Trump is a well-known businessman who also served as the 45th President of the United States. His extensive business ventures include owning several hotels across the country. However, his hotel ownership has been mired in controversies, especially during his time in office.
One of the main issues that arise from owning hotels while serving as a public official is the conflicts of interest that can arise. During his time as President, Trump’s hotels were frequently used by foreign government officials and business leaders, raising questions about whether they were trying to curry favor with the President.
Another criticism that Trump’s hotels have faced is their pricing. Many have accused them of being overpriced, with some even suggesting that the President was using his position to make money from his hotels. Additionally, there have been concerns about the business practices of his hotels, including allegations of discrimination and mistreatment of employees.
The impact that Trump’s ownership has had on the hospitality industry is also worth mentioning. While his hotels have been successful in attracting high-end clientele, they have also been the subject of boycotts and protests. Some travelers have chosen to stay at other hotel chains, citing concerns about supporting the President’s business ventures.
It is important to keep in mind that controversies surrounding Trump’s hotel ownership have been ongoing for years. Unfortunately, they have also led to legal battles and investigations. Despite this, his hotels continue to operate and attract customers from around the world.
Comparison of Hotel Chains Owned by Trump
|Hotel Chain||Number of Properties||Locations|
|Trump Hotels||7||Chicago, New York, Washington DC, Vancouver, Waikiki, Ireland, and Scotland|
|Scion Hotels||2||Cleveland and Mississippi|
It is worth noting that Trump’s hotel chains, specifically Trump Hotels, cater to a high-end clientele and are known for their luxury amenities and services. However, given the controversies surrounding Trump’s ownership, some travelers may choose to stay at other hotel chains instead.
On the other hand, supporters of Trump may specifically seek out his hotels as a way to show their support for the former President and his business ventures. Ultimately, the decision to stay at one of Trump’s hotels is a personal one and depends on each individual’s beliefs and values.
For more information on Trump’s hotel ownership and controversies surrounding it, Reuters has compiled a comprehensive guide.
Future of Trump’s Hotel Ownership
Donald Trump’s hotel empire has been a topic of discussion since he took office as the 45th President of the United States. The COVID-19 pandemic has further complicated the situation, causing a sharp decline in the hospitality industry.
The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on Trump’s hotels
The pandemic has hit the hospitality industry hard, and Trump’s hotels are no exception. According to Bloomberg, Trump’s hotel revenue dropped by 63 percent in the first half of 2020 compared to the previous year. With fewer people traveling and strict restrictions on gatherings and events, many of Trump’s hotels have struggled to stay afloat.
The potential for divestment and the sale of Trump’s hotels
Since taking office, Trump has faced criticism for his continued ownership of his hotel chain, with concerns raised about potential conflicts of interest. While Trump has divested from some of his business interests, he has not done so with his hotels. However, there have been discussions about the potential for divestment and the sale of Trump’s hotels.
One potential buyer is Hyatt Hotels Corporation, who has reportedly shown interest in some of Trump’s properties. According to CNN, Hyatt CEO Mark Hoplamazian confirmed that the company has been in talks with the Trump Organization about acquiring some of their hotels. However, no deal has been reached yet.
What the future holds for Trump’s hotel ownership
It is worth mentioning that the future of Trump’s hotel ownership remains uncertain. With the impact of the pandemic and the potential for divestment, it is unknown what will happen to Trump’s hotels in the coming years.
On the other hand, Trump’s properties continue to attract visitors, with some of his hotels reporting high occupancy rates in recent months. Only time will tell what the future holds for Trump’s hotel ownership, but one thing is for sure: it will continue to be a topic of discussion for years to come.
In conclusion, while Donald Trump’s hotel ownership has been a source of controversy and criticism, it remains an important aspect of his business empire.
Whether he will continue to own these hotels in the future remains to be seen, but for now, they continue to operate under the Trump brand.
We hope this guide has provided you with a comprehensive overview of the hotel chains that Donald Trump owns and the controversies surrounding his ownership.