If you’re planning your next vacation or business trip, you might be wondering what hotel chain is Wyndham. With over 9,000 hotels in 80 countries, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is one of the largest hotel chains in the world.
In this article, we’ll provide you with a comprehensive guide to Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, including their history, locations, brands, rewards program, and more. So, let’s get started!
History of Wyndham Hotels & Resorts
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is a globally recognized hotel chain that has been in operation for over 30 years. The company has a rich history that has seen it grow from a small hotel chain to one of the biggest in the world.
- How it all began: Wyndham Hotels & Resorts was founded in 1981 as a hotel franchise company by Trammell Crow, a prominent real estate developer. The company started with a single hotel in Dallas, Texas, and has since grown to over 9,000 hotels across 80 countries.
- Mergers and acquisitions: Over the years, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts has grown through mergers and acquisitions. In 2006, it acquired the hotel chain, Microtel Inns & Suites, which added over 300 hotels to its portfolio. In 2018, the company acquired La Quinta Inns & Suites, which added over 900 hotels to its portfolio.
- Recent developments: Wyndham Hotels & Resorts continues to grow and expand its portfolio. In 2019, the company acquired the hotel management company, Alliance Hospitality, which manages over 80 hotels. Wyndham Hotels & Resorts has also announced plans to open over 20 new hotels across Europe, the Middle East, and Africa in the coming years.
It is worth mentioning that Wyndham Hotels & Resorts has a diverse portfolio of hotel brands that cater to different market segments. Some of the popular brands under the company include Ramada, Super 8, Days Inn, and Howard Johnson.
If you are interested in learning more about the history of Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, you can visit their website at www.wyndhamhotels.com/about-us for more information.
Wyndham Hotel Brands
Wyndham is one of the largest hotel chains in the world, with a diverse portfolio of hotel brands catering to different types of travelers. Here are some of the most popular Wyndham hotel brands:
- Wyndham Grand: This is Wyndham’s luxury brand, offering upscale accommodations and amenities in prime locations around the world.
- Wyndham Hotels & Resorts: This brand offers a range of hotel options, from full-service hotels to select-service properties, catering to both leisure and business travelers.
- Dolce Hotels and Resorts: Dolce is a collection of upscale conference hotels and resorts, offering unique meeting and event spaces for corporate clients.
- Trademark Collection by Wyndham: This brand is a collection of independent hotels that maintain their own unique charm and character, while still offering the benefits of Wyndham’s global network.
- La Quinta: La Quinta is a midscale brand that offers comfortable accommodations and amenities at affordable prices.
- Wingate: Wingate is a midscale brand that caters to business travelers, offering amenities like free Wi-Fi and 24-hour business centers.
- Ramada: Ramada is a midscale brand that offers affordable accommodations and amenities in popular destinations around the world.
- Days Inn: Days Inn is a budget brand that offers basic accommodations and amenities at affordable prices.
- Super 8: Super 8 is a budget brand that offers basic accommodations and amenities at even lower prices than Days Inn.
- Howard Johnson: Howard Johnson is a midscale brand that offers comfortable accommodations and amenities at affordable prices.
- Travelodge: Travelodge is a budget brand that offers basic accommodations and amenities at affordable prices.
- Microtel: Microtel is a budget brand that offers basic accommodations and amenities at affordable prices, with a focus on eco-friendliness.
- Hawthorn Suites: Hawthorn Suites is an extended-stay brand that offers spacious suites with kitchenettes and other home-like amenities.
- Baymont: Baymont is a midscale brand that offers comfortable accommodations and amenities at affordable prices.
- Tryp: Tryp is a select-service brand that caters to urban travelers, offering convenient locations and stylish accommodations.
- Knights Inn: Knights Inn is a budget brand that offers basic accommodations and amenities at affordable prices.
If you’re looking for a specific type of hotel experience, keep in mind that each Wyndham brand offers its own unique amenities and accommodations. For example, if you’re traveling for business, you might want to consider Wingate or Howard Johnson, while if you’re looking for an extended stay, Hawthorn Suites might be a better fit.
Unfortunately, there is no one-size-fits-all answer to the question of which Wyndham brand is best. However, by researching the different brands and their amenities, you can find the one that best fits your needs and preferences.
For more information on Wyndham’s hotel brands and amenities, visit https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/about-us/our-brands.
Wyndham Rewards Program
Wyndham Rewards is the loyalty program offered by Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, which is one of the largest hotel companies in the world with over 8,900 hotels across 90 countries. The rewards program is designed to provide members with exclusive benefits and perks for their loyalty to Wyndham hotels.
Wyndham Rewards program has four membership tiers: Blue, Gold, Platinum, and Diamond. The higher the tier, the more benefits and rewards members receive.
- Blue: This is the entry-level tier and is available to all members upon enrollment. Members receive free Wi-Fi, late checkout, and the ability to earn and redeem points for hotel stays.
- Gold: Members can achieve Gold status after staying five qualifying nights or earning 6,000 points in a calendar year. Gold members receive all the Blue benefits plus a dedicated member services hotline, preferred room choice, and early check-in.
- Platinum: Members can achieve Platinum status after staying 15 qualifying nights or earning 15,000 points in a calendar year. Platinum members receive all the Gold benefits plus room upgrades, bonus points, and a welcome amenity at check-in.
- Diamond: Members can achieve Diamond status after staying 40 qualifying nights or earning 40,000 points in a calendar year. Diamond members receive all the Platinum benefits plus suite upgrades, guaranteed late checkout, and annual gifts.
Members can earn Wyndham Rewards points by staying at Wyndham hotels or through Wyndham’s partner programs. Members earn 10 points per dollar spent on qualifying stays or 1,000 points per stay, whichever is more. Additionally, members can earn points through the program’s shopping, dining, and rental car partners.
Members can redeem Wyndham Rewards points for free hotel stays, airline miles, gift cards, and more. Redemption options start at just 7,500 points for a free night at a participating hotel. The program also offers a Go Free and Go Fast program where members can redeem points for a free night or discounted night at participating hotels.
Wyndham Rewards offers several other benefits to its members, including:
- Member rates: Members can enjoy exclusive member rates when booking directly with Wyndham hotels.
- Member pricing: Members can earn discounted rates on car rentals with participating partners.
- Wyndham Rewards Visa Card: Members can earn additional points by using the Wyndham Rewards Visa Card for everyday purchases.
Wyndham Hotel Locations
Wyndham is a global hotel chain with a presence in several regions across the world. Their hotels are located in some of the most popular travel destinations, making them a popular choice for travelers looking for a comfortable stay. Here is a breakdown of Wyndham hotel locations:
- United States: Wyndham has over 6,000 hotels in the United States, making it one of the largest hotel chains in the country. These hotels are located in various states and cities, offering a range of options for travelers.
- Canada: Wyndham has over 100 hotels in Canada, with popular locations including Toronto, Vancouver, and Montreal.
- Mexico: There are over 50 Wyndham hotels in Mexico, with popular locations including Cancun, Mexico City, and Playa del Carmen.
- Caribbean: Wyndham has several hotels in the Caribbean, including locations in the Bahamas, Jamaica, and Puerto Rico.
- Central and South America: Wyndham has hotels in several countries in Central and South America, including Brazil, Argentina, and Costa Rica.
- Europe: There are over 100 Wyndham hotels in Europe, with popular locations including London, Paris, and Berlin.
- Middle East: Wyndham has several hotels in the Middle East, including locations in Dubai, Saudi Arabia, and Qatar.
- Africa: Wyndham has hotels in several countries in Africa, including South Africa, Egypt, and Morocco.
- Asia Pacific: Wyndham has a strong presence in the Asia Pacific region, with over 1,500 hotels in countries such as China, India, and Australia.
With so many locations to choose from, travelers can find a Wyndham hotel no matter where they are headed. Keep in mind that the amenities and services offered at each hotel may vary, so it is worth checking the hotel’s website or contacting them directly to learn more about what they offer.
Benefits of Staying at Wyndham Hotels
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is a hotel chain with over 9,000 hotels worldwide, including popular brands such as Ramada, Days Inn, and Super 8. Staying at Wyndham hotels offers many benefits that make it a popular choice for travelers. Below are some of the benefits of staying at Wyndham hotels:
- Consistent quality: Wyndham hotels are known for their consistent quality across all their properties. Whether you’re staying at a upscale Wyndham Grand or a budget-friendly Super 8, you can expect a clean and comfortable room with all the necessary amenities.
- Affordable prices: Wyndham hotels offer affordable prices for travelers on a budget. They have a range of properties to fit different budgets, so you can find a hotel that fits your needs without breaking the bank.
- Location convenience: Wyndham hotels are located in convenient locations such as near airports, city centers, and tourist attractions. This makes it easy for travelers to get around and explore their destination.
- Rewards program: Wyndham Rewards is a loyalty program that rewards members for their stays at Wyndham hotels. Members can earn points that can be redeemed for free nights, gift cards, and other rewards. The program has no blackout dates, so members can use their points anytime they want.
- Meeting and event spaces: Wyndham hotels have meeting and event spaces that are perfect for business meetings, conferences, and social events. They have a range of spaces to fit different needs and can provide catering and audiovisual equipment to make your event a success.
In conclusion, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is a global hotel chain with a rich history, diverse brands, and a rewarding loyalty program. Whether you’re traveling for business or leisure, their hotels offer consistent quality, affordable prices, and convenient locations. So, next time you’re planning a trip, consider staying at a Wyndham hotel and enjoy a comfortable and memorable experience.
We hope you found this guide helpful and informative. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them below.