Traveling with pets can be a challenge, especially when it comes to finding pet-friendly accommodations.
If you’re a pet owner planning a trip, you’re probably wondering which hotel chains allow pets.
In this comprehensive guide, we’ll take a look at some of the top hotel chains that welcome furry friends.
Why Choose a Pet-Friendly Hotel?
Traveling with pets can be a challenge, especially when it comes to finding accommodations that allow them. Fortunately, many hotels now offer pet-friendly rooms and amenities to make traveling with your furry friend easier and more enjoyable.
Benefits of Staying at Pet-Friendly Hotels
- Less stress for you and your pet: Staying at a pet-friendly hotel means you don’t have to worry about leaving your furry friend behind or finding a pet sitter.
- More bonding time: When you bring your pet along, you have more opportunity to bond and spend quality time together.
- Access to pet amenities: Many pet-friendly hotels offer amenities such as dog parks, pet beds, and even dog-friendly room service menus.
How to Choose the Right Pet-Friendly Hotel
When choosing a pet-friendly hotel, there are a few things to keep in mind to ensure a comfortable and stress-free stay for both you and your pet.
- Check the hotel’s pet policy: Make sure you understand the hotel’s rules and restrictions regarding pets, such as size limits and fees.
- Research the hotel’s pet amenities: Look for hotels that offer pet-friendly amenities, such as dog parks, pet beds, and treats.
- Consider the location: Choose a hotel that is located in an area that is pet-friendly, with plenty of green spaces and pet-friendly restaurants nearby.
Things to Consider When Traveling with Pets
Traveling with pets requires some extra planning and preparation. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Make sure your pet is up-to-date on vaccinations and has a microchip.
- Bring along your pet’s favorite toys, bedding, and food to make them feel more at home.
- Keep in mind that not all activities and attractions are pet-friendly, so plan accordingly.
- Be respectful of other guests and clean up after your pet.
Top Pet-Friendly Hotel Chains
When planning a trip with a furry friend, finding a pet-friendly hotel is crucial. Luckily, many hotel chains have recognized the importance of accommodating pets and have become more welcoming towards them. Here are the top pet-friendly hotel chains:
- Best Western: With over 1,600 pet-friendly locations across the United States, Best Western is a great option for pet owners. They allow up to two dogs per room, with a maximum weight of 80 pounds each. Guests are charged a fee of around $20 per night for their pets.
- La Quinta Inns & Suites: This hotel chain is known for being extremely pet-friendly. They do not charge any additional fees for pets and allow up to two domestic pets per room. La Quinta Inns & Suites have over 900 locations across North and Central America.
- Kimpton Hotels: This luxury hotel chain welcomes all pets, regardless of size or weight, at no extra cost. Kimpton hotels also offer pet-friendly amenities such as beds, bowls, and treats. With over 60 locations across the United States, Kimpton Hotels provide a high-end experience for pet owners.
- Red Roof Inn: Red Roof Inn allows one well-behaved pet per room. They do not charge any additional fees and have over 650 pet-friendly locations across the United States. Red Roof Inn also offers a pet relief area at each of their locations.
- Motel 6: Motel 6 welcomes well-behaved pets at no additional cost. They allow up to two pets per room and have over 1,400 locations across the United States. Motel 6 also offers a pet relief area at each of their locations.
- Aloft Hotels: This trendy hotel chain allows dogs under 40 pounds to stay for free. They also offer amenities such as beds, bowls, and treats. Aloft Hotels have over 120 locations across the United States.
- Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts: This luxury hotel chain offers pet-friendly rooms and amenities at select locations. They allow pets up to 15 pounds and charge a fee of around $100 per night. Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts also offer pet-friendly activities such as dog massages and pet yoga.
- Loews Hotels & Resorts: Loews Hotels & Resorts is another luxury hotel chain that welcomes pets. They allow up to two pets per room and offer amenities such as beds, bowls, and treats. Guests are charged a fee of around $50 per night for their pets. With over 30 locations across the United States and Canada, Loews Hotels & Resorts provide a high-end experience for pet owners.
Keep in mind that pet policies may vary by location, so always check with the hotel before booking. Unfortunately, not all hotels are pet-friendly, so it’s important to do your research beforehand. Remember to always be a responsible pet owner and clean up after your furry friend.
Pet Policies and Fees
Traveling with pets can be a challenge, but fortunately, many hotel chains are welcoming furry companions with open arms. Before booking a room, it is important to understand the pet policies and fees of the hotel. Keep in mind that policies and fees can vary greatly between different hotel chains and even different locations within the same chain.
What to Expect from Pet-Friendly Hotels
Most pet-friendly hotels will allow guests to bring their pets for an additional fee. However, it is worth mentioning that not all rooms are pet-friendly, so it is important to check with the hotel in advance to ensure that a pet-friendly room is available. Some hotels will also provide amenities for pets, such as food and water bowls, pet beds, and even pet-sitting services.
Typical Pet Fees and Deposits
Typically, hotels that allow pets will charge an additional fee per night. The fee can range anywhere from $10 to $100 per night, depending on the hotel chain and location. In addition to the nightly fee, some hotels may require a pet deposit, which is typically non-refundable. The deposit can range from $50 to $200, depending on the hotel.
It is also important to note that some hotels may have a weight limit for pets. For example, some hotels may only allow pets that weigh less than 25 pounds. It is important to check with the hotel in advance to ensure that your pet meets the weight requirements.
Rules and Restrictions for Pet-Friendly Rooms
Hotels that allow pets will often have rules and restrictions for pet-friendly rooms. For example, pets may not be allowed on the furniture or may be required to be in a crate when the owner is not in the room. Some hotels may also require that pets be on a leash at all times when outside of the room.
It is important to remember that not all guests may be comfortable with pets, so it is important to be respectful of other guests and keep pets well-behaved and under control at all times. Unfortunately, if a pet causes damage to the room, the owner may be responsible for any repair or cleaning fees.
Comparison of Pet Fees and Policies for Major Hotel Chains
|Hotel Chain||Pet Fee||Pet Deposit||Weight Limit|
|Marriott||$100 per stay||$100 non-refundable||None|
|Hilton||$75 per stay||$75 non-refundable||75 lbs|
|IHG||$50 per stay||$50 non-refundable||80 lbs|
|Best Western||$20 per night||$100 refundable||80 lbs|
Keep in mind that pet fees and policies can vary by location within the same hotel chain. It is always recommended to call ahead and confirm the pet policies and fees before booking a room.
Tips for Traveling with Pets
It is worth mentioning that not all hotels allow pets, so it is important to do some research before booking a room. Fortunately, there are many hotel chains that do allow pets, so finding accommodation shouldn’t be too difficult. Here are some tips for traveling with pets:
- Preparing Your Pet for Travel: Before traveling, it is important to make sure your pet is up-to-date on vaccinations and has any necessary paperwork. It is also a good idea to acclimate your pet to a carrier or crate, especially if they will be flying.
- What to Pack for Your Pet: When packing for your pet, remember to bring food, water, bowls, any necessary medications, and a favorite toy or blanket to help them feel at home. It is also a good idea to bring a leash and waste bags for walks.
- Keeping Your Pet Safe and Comfortable: When traveling, it is important to keep your pet safe and comfortable. This includes making sure they have access to water and food, as well as taking breaks for walks and bathroom breaks. If your pet gets anxious during travel, there are products like calming treats or even prescription medication that can help.
- Finding Pet-Friendly Activities and Attractions: While traveling with your pet, it is important to find pet-friendly activities and attractions. Many hotels that allow pets also offer pet-friendly amenities like dog parks or walking trails. Websites like BringFido can also help you find pet-friendly restaurants, parks, and attractions in the area.
Alternatives to Pet-Friendly Hotels
For pet owners who are looking for alternatives to pet-friendly hotels, there are a few options to consider.
- Pet-Friendly Vacation Rentals: Renting a vacation home or apartment can be a great option for pet owners, as many rental properties allow pets. Websites like VRBO and Airbnb allow you to search specifically for pet-friendly rentals, and often have filters to help you find the perfect spot for you and your furry friend. Keep in mind that many properties may require an additional pet fee or deposit.
- Pet Boarding and Daycare Services: If you’re traveling without your pet, it’s important to find a safe and reliable place for them to stay. Many cities have pet boarding and daycare services that offer a range of options, from overnight stays to day care. Some popular options include Rover and PetSmart.
- Pet-Sitting and Dog-Walking Services: For pet owners who prefer to have their pets stay in the comfort of their own home, pet-sitting and dog-walking services can be a great option. These services allow a trained professional to come to your home and take care of your pet while you’re away. Websites like Care.com and Rover offer pet-sitting and dog-walking services in many cities.
Remember, when traveling with pets, it’s important to plan ahead and research your options. Not all hotels and accommodations are pet-friendly, so it’s worth taking the time to find the right option for you and your furry friend.
Traveling with pets can be a rewarding experience, but it’s important to plan ahead and choose the right accommodations.
By following the tips and recommendations in this guide, you can find a pet-friendly hotel that meets your needs and provides a comfortable and safe environment for your furry friend.
So pack your bags, grab your pet, and get ready for an adventure!