Are you a fan of freshly baked cookies? Who isn’t, right? Well, imagine getting a complimentary cookie as soon as you check-in at your hotel. It’s a small gesture, but it can make a big difference in your overall hotel experience.
If you’re wondering which hotels offer free cookies, you’re in the right place. In this article, we’ll share a list of hotels that give out free cookies to their guests and why it’s worth considering these hotels for your next trip.
So, grab a glass of milk and let’s dive into the sweet world of hotels that offer free cookies.
Why do hotels give free cookies?
Hotels that offer free cookies are becoming increasingly popular among travelers. But have you ever wondered why hotels give away these sweet treats? Let’s take a closer look at some reasons why hotels offer free cookies to their guests.
- Creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere: Free cookies are a simple but effective way to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere for guests. It’s a small gesture that can go a long way in making guests feel at home and appreciated.
- Providing a personal touch: By offering free cookies, hotels can provide a personal touch that sets them apart from other accommodations. It shows that the hotel cares about their guests’ comfort and wants to make their stay as enjoyable as possible.
- Encouraging repeat business: Giving away free cookies can also be a way to encourage guests to come back in the future. By offering a memorable and enjoyable experience, guests are more likely to choose the same hotel for their next stay.
- Enhancing the guest experience: Finally, free cookies can simply enhance the overall guest experience. After a long day of traveling or sightseeing, there’s nothing quite like a warm, fresh-baked cookie to make guests feel pampered and cared for.
It is worth mentioning that some hotel chains are well-known for their complimentary cookie offerings, such as DoubleTree by Hilton and Embassy Suites by Hilton. These hotels have built their reputation on providing exceptional guest experiences, and free cookies are just one way they achieve this. Keep in mind that not all hotels offer free cookies, so if this is important to you, be sure to check before making a reservation.
On the other hand, unfortunately, not all hotel cookies are created equal. Some may be pre-packaged and not as fresh or delicious as others. However, many hotels make their cookies in-house and use high-quality ingredients to ensure a truly memorable experience for their guests. Remember, if you have any dietary restrictions or preferences, be sure to let the hotel staff know in advance.
Hotels that offer free cookies
For many travelers, a hotel stay is not complete without a sweet treat to cap off the night. Luckily, there are several hotel chains that offer complimentary cookies to their guests. Here are some of the most popular ones:
- DoubleTree by Hilton: Perhaps the most well-known hotel chain for offering free cookies, DoubleTree hotels give guests a warm chocolate chip cookie upon check-in. These cookies have become so legendary that the recipe is even available on the hotel’s website.
- Kimpton Hotels: Kimpton hotels offer a nightly wine reception for guests, along with freshly baked cookies. The cookies vary by location, but some favorites include oatmeal raisin and chocolate chunk.
- Omni Hotels & Resorts: At Omni hotels, guests can indulge in the hotel’s signature chocolate chip cookies. The recipe for these cookies is also available on the hotel’s website, for those who want to try making them at home.
- Embassy Suites by Hilton: In addition to the made-to-order breakfast and evening reception that Embassy Suites is known for, guests can also enjoy fresh-baked cookies in the lobby every evening.
- The Ritz-Carlton: Guests at The Ritz-Carlton can enjoy complimentary cookies and other treats during the hotel’s afternoon tea service. The hotel also offers a “cookie concierge” service, where guests can choose from a variety of cookies and have them delivered to their room.
While free cookies may seem like a small detail, they can add a touch of warmth and hospitality to a hotel stay. Keep in mind that not all hotels offer this amenity, so be sure to check with the hotel beforehand if it’s important to you.
Types of cookies you can expect
Hotels that offer free cookies often provide a variety of flavors to satisfy their guests’ sweet tooth. Here are some popular cookie types you can expect:
- Chocolate chip cookies: This classic cookie is a favorite among many hotel guests. The warm, gooey chocolate chips are sure to make you feel right at home.
- Peanut butter cookies: If you’re a fan of peanut butter, then you’ll love this cookie. It’s soft, chewy, and packed with peanut butter flavor.
- Oatmeal raisin cookies: For a healthier option, you can opt for oatmeal raisin cookies. These cookies are a great source of fiber and are perfect for a quick snack.
- Sugar cookies: These cookies are simple yet delicious. They’re soft, buttery, and often sprinkled with colorful sugar crystals on top.
- Macadamia nut cookies: If you’re looking for a more exotic flavor, macadamia nut cookies are a great choice. They’re crunchy, nutty, and perfect with a glass of milk.
Keep in mind that the types of cookies offered may vary depending on the hotel. Some hotels may even offer seasonal or specialty flavors, so be sure to ask the front desk about their cookie selection.
How to get the most out of your free cookies
Hotels that offer free cookies are a real treat for guests. Whether you’re staying at a luxury hotel chain or a budget-friendly motel, the chance to indulge in freshly baked cookies is a sweet bonus. Here are some tips to help you get the most out of your free cookies:
- Ask for a warm cookie: While most hotels offer free cookies at room temperature, some hotels will warm them up for you upon request. Warm cookies are often more delicious and satisfying than room temperature ones, so don’t be afraid to ask!
- Take them to go: If you’re running late for a meeting or simply don’t have time to enjoy your cookie in the hotel lobby, take them to go! Most hotels offer takeout bags or boxes for their cookies, which is a great way to enjoy a sweet treat on the go.
- Share with fellow guests: If you’re feeling generous, consider sharing your cookies with fellow guests. This is a great way to make new friends and spread some kindness during your stay.
- Try different types of cookies: If your hotel offers a variety of cookies, why not try them all? From chocolate chip to oatmeal raisin, there’s a cookie flavor for everyone.
- Leave a positive review: If you had a great experience with your hotel’s free cookies, consider leaving a positive review on their website or social media pages. This is a great way to show your appreciation and help other travelers make their lodging decisions.
Some hotel chains that offer free cookies include DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, and Kimpton Hotels. These cookies may be served in the lobby, in your room upon arrival, or during turn-down service.
Remember to enjoy your complimentary cookies and take advantage of this small but thoughtful gesture. It is also a good idea to leave a positive review for the hotel to show your appreciation.
In conclusion, getting a free cookie at your hotel may seem like a small gesture, but it can make a big impact on your overall experience. With the list of hotels we provided, you can choose a hotel that not only provides great service but also gives you a sweet treat.
Just remember to grab a cookie or two, try different types, and share them with fellow guests. And don’t forget to leave a positive review to show your appreciation.
So, next time you’re planning a trip, consider staying at one of these hotels and enjoy your complimentary cookies with a smile on your face.