If you’re planning a long trip away from home, you might be wondering where you’ll stay. One option you should consider is an extended stay hotel.
If you’re short on time, here’s a quick answer to your question: An extended stay hotel is a type of lodging that offers rooms with amenities and services for guests who need to stay for an extended period of time, typically more than a week.
In this article, we’ll explore the benefits of staying in an extended stay hotel and what you can expect from your stay. We’ll also provide some tips for finding the right extended stay hotel for your needs.
Benefits of Staying in an Extended Stay Hotel
Extended stay hotels have become a popular choice for travelers who require long-term accommodations. These hotels offer numerous benefits that make them a compelling alternative to traditional hotels. Here are some of the advantages of staying in an extended stay hotel:
- More Space and Comfort: Extended stay hotels provide more space than traditional hotel rooms, making them ideal for travelers who need extra room to work or relax. These hotels also offer amenities such as separate living areas, fully equipped kitchens, and laundry facilities that enhance the comfort of your stay.
- Fully Equipped Kitchen: One of the most significant benefits of staying in an extended stay hotel is having a fully equipped kitchen. This feature allows travelers to prepare their meals, which is especially beneficial for those who have dietary restrictions or want to save money on dining out.
- Convenient Location: Extended stay hotels are usually located in convenient areas, such as near business districts or major transportation hubs. This feature makes it easy to get around the city and access the places you need to go to.
- Flexible Accommodations: Extended stay hotels offer flexible accommodations that can be tailored to the traveler’s needs. These hotels provide options for lengthy stays, weekly or monthly rates, and different room sizes to suit individual preferences.
- Cost-Effective Option: Staying in an extended stay hotel can be a cost-effective option, especially for travelers who need to stay for an extended period. These hotels often offer discounts for long-term stays, and the fully equipped kitchen allows travelers to save money on dining out.
It is worth mentioning that extended stay hotels are an excellent choice for people who are relocating, on a business trip, or traveling for an extended period. Keep in mind that some extended stay hotels are part of popular hotel chains such as Marriott, Hilton, and IHG, which can provide an added level of consistency and comfort for travelers. Unfortunately, not all extended stay hotels are created equal, so it’s essential to do research and read reviews before booking. Remember that extended stay hotels can offer a home away from home experience, providing all the amenities and conveniences to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable.
What to Expect from Your Stay
Extended stay hotels are designed to provide guests with comfortable and affordable accommodations for long-term stays. When booking a stay at an extended stay hotel, there are several things you can expect:
- Amenities and Services: Extended stay hotels typically offer a range of amenities and services to help guests feel at home. These may include fully equipped kitchens, on-site laundry facilities, fitness centers, business centers, and complimentary breakfast.
- Housekeeping: Unlike traditional hotels, extended stay hotels offer weekly housekeeping services. This allows guests to maintain their privacy while also ensuring that their room stays clean and tidy.
- Security: Extended stay hotels prioritize guest safety and security. Many hotels offer 24-hour security surveillance, secure parking, and electronic key card access to guest rooms.
- Community Spaces: Extended stay hotels often include community spaces such as outdoor patios, BBQ areas, and lounges. These spaces provide guests with opportunities to socialize and connect with other travelers.
- Pet Policies: Many extended stay hotels are pet-friendly, allowing guests to bring their furry friends along for the trip. However, it is important to check the hotel’s pet policies beforehand to ensure that your pet is allowed and that there are no additional fees.
It is worth mentioning that extended stay hotels vary in terms of the amenities and services they offer. Some hotels may offer more extensive amenities, while others may provide more basic accommodations. Keep in mind that the cost of your stay may also vary depending on the level of amenities and services provided.
|Fully equipped kitchens, on-site laundry facilities, fitness centers, business centers, complimentary breakfast
|Fully equipped kitchens, on-site laundry facilities, fitness centers, outdoor pool, complimentary breakfast
|Fully equipped kitchens, on-site laundry facilities, fitness centers, outdoor grill area, complimentary breakfast
Remember that when booking an extended stay hotel, it is important to consider your specific needs and preferences. On the other hand, unfortunately, not all extended stay hotels are created equal. It is recommended to do thorough research and read reviews from previous guests before making a reservation to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable stay.
Tips for Finding the Right Extended Stay Hotel
Extended stay hotels can be a great option for those who need a temporary home away from home. Whether you’re traveling for work, in between moves, or just need a long-term stay, an extended stay hotel can provide the comfort and convenience you need. However, with so many options available, it can be overwhelming to choose the right one. Here are some tips to help you find the perfect extended stay hotel:
- Consider Your Needs: Before booking an extended stay hotel, it’s important to consider your needs. Do you need a kitchenette? Do you need on-site laundry facilities? Make a list of your must-haves and use it to narrow down your options.
- Read Reviews: Reading reviews from previous guests can give you valuable insight into the quality of the hotel. Look for reviews on trusted websites like TripAdvisor or Booking.com. Keep in mind that one or two negative reviews among many positive ones are normal, but if most reviews are negative, it might be a red flag.
- Compare Prices: Extended stay hotels can vary greatly in price, so it’s important to compare prices before booking. Keep in mind that the cheapest option isn’t always the best, but you also don’t want to overpay. Use websites like Hotels.com or Expedia to compare prices.
- Check Location: Location is an important factor when choosing an extended stay hotel. Consider how close it is to your workplace or other destinations you’ll be visiting. Look for hotels in safe, convenient neighborhoods. Use Google Maps to check the location and surrounding area.
- Ask About Discounts: Many extended stay hotels offer discounts for long-term stays or for certain groups like military personnel or senior citizens. Don’t be afraid to ask about discounts when booking.
By following these tips, you’ll be able to find the right extended stay hotel that meets your needs and budget. Keep in mind that it’s worth taking the time to do your research to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable stay.
In conclusion, an extended stay hotel can be a great option for travelers who need a home away from home for an extended period of time. With more space, a fully equipped kitchen, and convenient location, it offers the comfort and flexibility you need for a longer stay.
When choosing an extended stay hotel, be sure to consider your needs, read reviews, and compare prices to find the right one for you. With a little research, you can find the perfect extended stay hotel for your next trip.