Your wedding day is one of the most special days of your life. From the ceremony to the reception, you want everything to be perfect. One aspect you don’t want to overlook is your guests’ experience. That’s why providing hotel bags for your out-of-town guests is a thoughtful gesture.
If you’re wondering what to put in wedding hotel bags, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll give you a comprehensive guide on what to include in your guests’ welcome bags to make their stay more comfortable and enjoyable.
From practical items to personalized touches, we’ve got you covered. Let’s dive in!
Essentials for a Comfortable Stay
When preparing hotel bags for wedding guests, it is important to include essential items that will make their stay comfortable. One of the most important things to consider is toiletries. Guests should be provided with basic toiletries such as shampoo, conditioner, soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, and body lotion. It is worth mentioning that some hotels may provide these items, so be sure to check with the hotel before including them in the bags.
In addition to toiletries, it is a good idea to include snacks and drinks in the hotel bags. Guests may get hungry during their stay and having some light snacks and drinks in their room can be a nice touch. Keep in mind that some guests may have dietary restrictions, so it is important to include a variety of options. Popular hotel chains like Marriott and Hilton often provide guests with complimentary water bottles, granola bars, and other snacks, so it may be helpful to check if the hotel provides these items before adding them to the bags.
Another helpful item to include in the hotel bags is maps and guides to the local area. Guests who are not familiar with the area may appreciate having a map of the city and nearby attractions. Additionally, providing them with a guide to local restaurants, shops, and activities can be a great way to help them make the most of their stay. Remember to include information about transportation options, such as taxi services or public transportation, as well.
Finally, it is important to remember that emergencies can happen at any time. Including an emergency kit in the hotel bags can give guests peace of mind and ensure that they are prepared for any situation. An emergency kit can include items such as band-aids, pain relievers, antacids, and first aid supplies. It is also a good idea to include a list of emergency contacts, such as the hotel front desk or local emergency services.
|Toiletries||Provided (shampoo, conditioner, soap, lotion)||Provided (shampoo, conditioner, soap, lotion)||Provided (shampoo, conditioner, soap, lotion)|
|Snacks and Drinks||Complimentary water bottles, granola bars, other snacks||Complimentary water bottles, granola bars, other snacks||Complimentary water bottles, granola bars, other snacks|
|Maps and Guides||Provided (city map, local attraction guide)||Provided (city map, local attraction guide)||Provided (city map, local attraction guide)|
|Emergency Kit||Not provided||Not provided||Not provided|
Regardless of whether the hotel provides these items or not, it is always a nice touch to include them in the hotel bags as a way to welcome and thank wedding guests for attending the celebration.
For more information on wedding hotel bags and other wedding planning tips, check out The Knot and Brides.
Personalized touches are what make wedding hotel bags truly special. They can help to set the tone for the entire wedding weekend, and can make guests feel appreciated and welcome. Some of the most popular personalized touches to include in wedding hotel bags include:
- Welcome Note: It is worth mentioning that a welcome note is a great way to greet guests and thank them for attending the wedding. The note can include important information such as the wedding schedule, any transportation details, and recommendations for local restaurants and activities.
- Local Treats: Keep in mind that guests may be traveling from out of town, so including some local treats in the hotel bag can be a fun way to introduce them to the area. This can include anything from locally roasted coffee to chocolates from a nearby candy shop.
- Souvenirs: Including a small souvenir from the wedding location is a thoughtful touch that guests will appreciate. This could be a keychain, a magnet, or a postcard.
- Wedding Program: Unfortunately, wedding programs are often lost or forgotten by guests. Including a program in the hotel bag ensures that guests have all the information they need about the ceremony and reception. Additionally, guests can keep the program as a keepsake.
Remember, the key to personalized touches is to make them meaningful and relevant to the wedding location and the couple. By including items that are unique to the area and the couple, guests will feel like they are a part of something special.
Aside from the essential items that should be included in wedding hotel bags, there are other considerations to keep in mind to ensure that your guests have a comfortable and stress-free stay.
- Room Key: It is worth mentioning that providing your guests with their room key upon check-in can save them the hassle of having to stop by the front desk every time they need to access their room. This small gesture can make a big difference in their overall experience.
- Transportation Information: If your guests are unfamiliar with the area or the wedding venue is located in a remote location, providing transportation information can be very helpful. This can include details on shuttle services, rental car options, or even ride-sharing apps like Uber or Lyft.
- Schedule of Events: Including a schedule of events can help your guests plan their stay accordingly. This can include information on the rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony, and reception. Keep in mind that it is always a good idea to provide this information in advance so that your guests can make any necessary arrangements.
- Contact Information: Finally, it is important to include contact information in case your guests have any questions or concerns during their stay. This can include the phone number and email address of the wedding planner or point of contact for the hotel.
By providing your guests with these additional items, you can ensure that their stay is as comfortable and stress-free as possible. Keep in mind that every detail counts when it comes to creating a memorable wedding experience for your guests.
Putting together hotel bags for your guests is a thoughtful gesture that will be appreciated. By including these essential items and personalized touches, you can make their stay more comfortable and enjoyable. Don’t forget to get creative and add your own personal touch to make the bags truly special. We hope this guide has helped you in deciding what to include in your wedding hotel bags!
Do you have any other suggestions or ideas for what to put in wedding hotel bags? Let us know in the comments below!