Paris, the city of love and light, is a dream destination for many travelers. From the iconic Eiffel Tower to the charming cafes and cobblestone streets, there’s no shortage of things to see and do in Paris. But with so many different neighborhoods and accommodation options, it can be overwhelming to decide where to stay.
If you’re planning a trip to Paris and wondering where to stay, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll provide a comprehensive guide to the best hotels in Paris, broken down by neighborhood and budget. Whether you’re looking for a luxurious five-star hotel or a cozy boutique hotel, we’ve got you covered.
So, let’s dive in and explore the best places to stay in Paris!
Choosing the Right Neighborhood
Choosing the right neighborhood is crucial when it comes to selecting accommodations in Paris. The city is divided into 20 arrondissements, each with its unique personality and charm. Here is a brief overview of some of the most popular neighborhoods for tourists as well as some off-the-beaten-path areas to explore.
Overview of Paris Neighborhoods
Paris is a city of diverse neighborhoods, each with its character and unique attractions. The city is divided into 20 arrondissements, which spiral out from the center in a clockwise direction. The most popular neighborhoods for tourists are located in the central arrondissements, primarily the 1st through the 8th. However, there are plenty of charming neighborhoods to explore outside of the tourist hotspots.
Popular Neighborhoods for Tourists
- Le Marais: This trendy neighborhood is located in the 3rd and 4th arrondissements and is known for its narrow streets, fashionable boutiques, and historic architecture.
- Saint-Germain-des-Prés: Located in the 6th arrondissement, this upscale neighborhood is known for its high-end shopping, art galleries, and chic cafes.
- Champs-Élysées: This iconic avenue runs through the 8th arrondissement and is home to some of the city’s most famous attractions, including the Arc de Triomphe and the Grand Palais.
Off-the-Beaten-Path Neighborhoods to Explore
If you’re looking to get off the tourist trail, there are plenty of charming neighborhoods to explore in Paris. Here are a few worth mentioning:
- Belleville: This multicultural neighborhood is located in the 20th arrondissement and is known for its street art, lively nightlife, and panoramic views of the city.
- Canal Saint-Martin: Located in the 10th arrondissement, this trendy neighborhood is centered around a picturesque canal and is home to chic boutiques, hip cafes, and trendy bars.
- Montmartre: This historic neighborhood is located in the 18th arrondissement and is famous for its charming cobblestone streets, bohemian vibe, and stunning views of the city from the top of the hill.
Luxury Hotels in Paris
Paris is home to some of the most luxurious hotels in the world. From grand palaces to boutique hotels, there is no shortage of options for those seeking a lavish stay in the City of Light.
Top 5-Star Hotels in Paris
For those looking for the ultimate luxury experience, the top 5-star hotels in Paris are sure to deliver. The Four Seasons Hotel George V, located just off the Champs-Élysées, offers exquisite rooms with views of the city, a Michelin three-star restaurant, and a spa. The Ritz Paris, located in the heart of the city, is another top choice, with its opulent decor, historic charm, and world-class service.
Other top 5-star options include:
- Hotel Plaza Athénée
- Shangri-La Hotel Paris
- The Peninsula Paris
Boutique Luxury Hotels in Paris
For a more intimate and unique luxury experience, boutique hotels in Paris offer a personalized touch. The Hotel Marignan Champs-Elysées is a boutique hotel with a prime location near the Arc de Triomphe. The rooms are elegantly designed with modern amenities, and the hotel features an on-site restaurant and bar.
Other top boutique luxury hotels in Paris include:
- Hotel Saint-Marc
- Hotel Providence
- La Belle Juliette
Palace Hotels in Paris
Palace hotels in Paris are the epitome of luxury, with only a select few receiving the prestigious designation. The Palace distinction is awarded to hotels that demonstrate exceptional service, accommodations, and amenities. The Hotel de Crillon, A Rosewood Hotel is a recently renovated palace hotel located on the Place de la Concorde. The hotel features elegant rooms and suites, a spa, and several dining options.
Other palace hotels in Paris include:
- Le Meurice
- Hotel Plaza Athénée
- Four Seasons Hotel George V
It is worth mentioning that while these luxury hotels offer unparalleled comfort and service, they also come with a high price tag. Keep in mind that there are also many other excellent hotels in Paris that offer more affordable options.
|Price Range (per night)||Notable Features|
|Four Seasons Hotel George V||€900 – €25,000||3 Michelin-starred restaurant, spa, views of the city|
|The Ritz Paris||€1,000 – €25,000||Historic charm, world-class service, on-site spa|
|Hotel Marignan Champs-Elysées||€300 – €1,500||Boutique hotel with modern amenities, on-site restaurant and bar|
|Hotel de Crillon, A Rosewood Hotel||€1,000 – €25,000||Elegant rooms and suites, spa, several dining options|
Unfortunately, due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, many hotels in Paris have had to temporarily close or adjust their operations. It is important to check with the hotel directly for their current status and any restrictions or safety measures in place.
Mid-Range Hotels in Paris
For travelers looking for a balance between affordability and comfort, mid-range hotels in Paris are the perfect fit. Paris offers a plethora of options in this category, ranging from charming boutique hotels to well-known chain hotels.
Best 3-Star Hotels in Paris
For budget-conscious travelers who still want a comfortable stay, Paris has plenty of excellent 3-star hotels. One of the best is Hotel Les Jardins d’Eiffel, which is located in the heart of the city, just a short walk away from the Eiffel Tower. This hotel offers modern amenities such as air conditioning and Wi-Fi, as well as a delicious breakfast buffet.
Another great option is Hotel Le Clément, located in the trendy 6th arrondissement. This hotel boasts a beautiful courtyard garden, a cozy lounge area, and spacious rooms with elegant decor. The hotel is also within walking distance of several popular attractions, including the Luxembourg Gardens and Saint-Sulpice Church.
Charming Boutique Hotels for the Budget-Conscious Traveler
For travelers seeking a more unique and authentic experience, Paris has many charming boutique hotels that won’t break the bank. One such hotel is Hotel Saint-Louis en l’Isle, located on the picturesque Île Saint-Louis. This hotel offers cozy rooms with exposed wooden beams and stone walls, as well as a beautiful rooftop terrace with stunning views of the Seine River.
Another great option is Hotel Jeanne d’Arc, located in the historic Marais district. This hotel is housed in a 17th-century building and offers individually decorated rooms with antique furnishings. The hotel also has a lovely courtyard garden and a cozy lounge area.
Affordable Chain Hotels in Paris
For travelers who prefer the reliability and familiarity of chain hotels, Paris has several affordable options. One of the most popular is Ibis Styles Paris Gare de l’Est Château Landon, located near the Gare de l’Est train station. This hotel offers colorful and modern rooms, as well as a complimentary breakfast buffet and a 24-hour snack bar.
Another great option is Novotel Paris Centre Bercy, which is located near the Bercy Village shopping district. This hotel offers spacious and comfortable rooms, as well as a fitness center and an on-site restaurant. The hotel is also conveniently located near several metro stations, making it easy to explore the city.
Budget Hotels in Paris
Paris is known for its luxurious hotels, but there are also plenty of budget-friendly options for travelers on a tight budget. Here are some of the best budget hotels in Paris:
Best Hostels in Paris
Hostels are a popular choice for budget travelers, and Paris has no shortage of great hostels. It is worth mentioning that most hostels offer dormitory-style rooms with shared bathrooms, but there are also some that offer private rooms.
- Les Piaules – located in the trendy Belleville neighborhood, this hostel offers both dormitory and private rooms with a rooftop terrace and bar.
- St. Christopher’s Inn Gare du Nord – located near the Gare du Nord train station, this hostel offers a variety of room types, including female-only dorms and private rooms.
- Generator Paris – located in the 10th arrondissement, this hostel offers stylish rooms with private bathrooms and a bar and restaurant on-site.
Budget Hotels with Private Rooms
If you prefer a private room but still want to stick to a budget, there are several budget hotels in Paris that offer private rooms at affordable prices. Keep in mind that while these hotels are budget-friendly, they may not offer the same level of luxury as more expensive hotels.
|Hotel Name||Neighborhood||Average Price per Night|
|Hotel de la Poste||Montmartre||€60-€80|
|Hotel du Chemin Vert||Bastille||€70-€100|
|Grand Hotel Magenta||Gare du Nord||€80-€120|
Apartments and Vacation Rentals in Paris
Another budget-friendly option for accommodations in Paris is to rent an apartment or vacation rental. This is a great option for families or groups of friends who want to stay together in one place and have access to a kitchen to prepare their own meals. Unfortunately, vacation rentals in Paris have become increasingly controversial in recent years, with new regulations making it more difficult for owners to rent out their properties. However, there are still many options available for travelers who want to rent an apartment or vacation rental.
- Airbnb – one of the most popular vacation rental platforms, with a wide range of options in Paris.
- Paris Attitude – a vacation rental agency with a large selection of apartments in Paris.
- HomeAway – another popular vacation rental platform with a variety of options in Paris.
Tips for Choosing the Best Hotel in Paris
Paris is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world, attracting millions of visitors every year. When planning a trip to Paris, one of the most important decisions you will make is choosing the right hotel. Here are some tips to help you choose the best hotel in Paris:
- Consider Your Budget and Travel Style: Paris has a wide range of hotels to suit different budgets and travel styles. If you are on a tight budget, you can find affordable hotels in the outskirts of the city. However, if you want to stay in the heart of the city and enjoy luxury accommodations, you can choose from some of the best hotel chains such as Accor Hotels, Marriott International, and Waldorf Astoria.
- Read Reviews and Do Your Research: Before booking a hotel, it is worth mentioning that you should read reviews and do your research to find out what other travelers have experienced. Websites such as TripAdvisor, Booking.com, and Expedia are great resources for finding reviews and comparing prices.
- Check the Location and Accessibility: Paris is a large city, so it is important to choose a hotel that is located in a convenient area. Keep in mind that some areas of the city can be noisy or unsafe at night. If you plan to use public transportation, make sure the hotel is located near a metro or bus stop.
- Look for Amenities and Services: Depending on your travel style, you may want to look for hotels that offer specific amenities and services such as free Wi-Fi, breakfast, gym, spa, and room service. Some hotels also offer guided tours and activities, which can be a great way to explore the city.
- Consider the Hotel’s History and Character: Paris is known for its rich history and culture, so staying in a hotel with character can add to your overall experience. Some hotels in Paris have a long history and are located in historic buildings. For example, the Ritz Paris is a famous hotel that has hosted many celebrities and is located in a 19th-century building.
By keeping these tips in mind, you can find the best hotel in Paris that suits your budget, travel style, and preferences.
Paris is a magical city that offers something for everyone, from history and culture to food and fashion. By choosing the right neighborhood and hotel, you can make the most of your trip and create unforgettable memories. We hope this guide has helped you narrow down your options and find the perfect hotel for your Parisian adventure.
Remember to book your hotel in advance to ensure availability, and don’t hesitate to reach out to the hotel staff for recommendations and assistance. With a little planning and research, you’re sure to have an amazing stay in the City of Light!