Are you planning a trip to Universal Orlando Resort and wondering which hotel to choose?
If you’re short on time, here’s a quick answer to your question: there is no one-size-fits-all answer. Each Universal hotel offers its own unique perks and amenities.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at each of the Universal hotels and help you decide which one is the best fit for your vacation.
Location, Location, Location
When it comes to choosing the best Universal hotel, one of the most important factors to consider is its location. A hotel’s location can greatly impact the overall experience of your Universal Orlando Resort vacation. Here are some key factors to consider:
- Proximity to the Parks: It is worth mentioning that staying at a hotel that is close to the theme parks can save you a lot of time and effort. You can easily walk back to the hotel for a break or to catch a nap, and then return to the park refreshed. The Universal hotels that are located closest to the parks are Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, Hard Rock Hotel, and Loews Royal Pacific Resort.
- Ease of Access: Keep in mind that some hotels may have different entrances or security checkpoints than others, which can impact how quickly you can get into the park. For example, guests staying at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel can use a special entrance to Universal Studios Florida that bypasses the regular security checkpoint.
- Transportation Options: Unfortunately, not all the hotels offer the same transportation options. Some hotels have water taxis, shuttle buses, or even walking paths that connect directly to the parks, while others require you to take a bus or drive your own car. For example, guests staying at Cabana Bay Beach Resort have to take a shuttle bus to get to the park.
On-site amenities are a major factor to consider when choosing the best Universal hotel. With so many options available, it’s important to know what kind of amenities each hotel has to offer.
Pools and Water Parks
Universal hotels are known for their incredible pools and water parks. It is worth mentioning that the Cabana Bay Beach Resort has a massive pool area, complete with a lazy river and waterslide. The Hard Rock Hotel also has a great pool area, including a sandy beach and underwater sound system.
On the other hand, the Portofino Bay Hotel has a more relaxed pool area, modeled after an Italian villa. It’s the perfect place to unwind after a long day at the parks.
When it comes to dining options, Universal hotels have a lot to offer. The Royal Pacific Resort has several restaurants, including Emeril Lagasse’s Tchoup Chop. Keep in mind that the Hard Rock Hotel also has some great dining options, including The Kitchen and Velvet Bar.
Unfortunately, some hotels like the Cabana Bay Beach Resort have limited dining options. However, it’s still a great place to stay if you’re looking for a budget-friendly option.
Recreation and Activities
Universal hotels offer a variety of recreation and activities for guests to enjoy. The Portofino Bay Hotel has a beautiful spa, perfect for a relaxing day. The Hard Rock Hotel offers music-related activities and memorabilia. Remember that the Royal Pacific Resort has a luau on select nights.
|Pools and Water Parks
|Recreation and Activities
|Cabana Bay Beach Resort
|Massive pool area, lazy river, waterslide
|Limited dining options
|Poolside activities, bowling alley
|Hard Rock Hotel
|Great pool area, sandy beach, underwater sound system
|The Kitchen, Velvet Bar
|Music-related activities, memorabilia
|Portofino Bay Hotel
|Relaxed pool area modeled after an Italian villa
|Several restaurants, including Emeril Lagasse’s Tchoup Chop
|Royal Pacific Resort
|Pool area with a waterslide and interactive water play area
|Several restaurants, including Islands Dining Room
|Luau on select nights
When it comes to choosing a room at Universal Orlando Resort, there are several options available to guests. Here is a breakdown of the different room types:
- Standard Rooms: These are the most common room type available at Universal hotels, and they typically come with two queen beds or one king bed. They are perfect for travelers who are looking for a comfortable place to rest after a long day at the parks. Some hotels offer rooms with views of the resort or the pool.
- Suites and Club-Level Rooms: For guests who are looking for a more luxurious experience, suites and club-level rooms are a great option. These rooms often come with extra amenities such as separate living areas, private balconies, and access to exclusive lounges. Some hotels even offer butler service for guests staying in these rooms.
- Themed Rooms: For guests who want to fully immerse themselves in the Universal experience, themed rooms are a must. These rooms are designed to transport guests to another world, with decor and furnishings inspired by popular Universal properties such as Harry Potter or Jurassic Park. They are perfect for families or groups who want to make their stay at Universal even more memorable.
Keep in mind that the availability of these room types can vary depending on the hotel and the time of year. It is worth mentioning that some hotels offer different tiers of standard rooms, such as preferred or deluxe rooms, which may come with additional perks.
|Hotels Offering This Room Type
|Two queen beds or one king bed, views of resort or pool
|All Universal hotels
|Suites and Club-Level Rooms
|Extra amenities such as separate living areas, private balconies, and access to exclusive lounges
|Hard Rock Hotel, Portofino Bay Hotel, Royal Pacific Resort
|Decor and furnishings inspired by popular Universal properties such as Harry Potter or Jurassic Park
|Cabana Bay Beach Resort, Endless Summer Resort – Dockside Inn and Suites, Endless Summer Resort – Surfside Inn and Suites, Hard Rock Hotel, Portofino Bay Hotel, Royal Pacific Resort
When deciding on a room type, it is important to consider your budget, the size of your party, and what amenities are important to you. Unfortunately, some room types may be out of reach for some travelers due to their higher price point. However, with a little research and planning, it is possible to find a room that fits your needs and budget.
Remember to book your room in advance to ensure availability, especially during peak travel seasons. On the other hand, if you are flexible with your travel dates, you may be able to find better deals on certain room types.
Cost and Value
When it comes to choosing a Universal hotel, cost and value are important factors to consider. Here are some key things to keep in mind:
Room rates vary depending on the time of year and the type of room you choose. On average, the cost per night at a Universal hotel ranges from $200 to $500. It is worth mentioning that if you are willing to stay off-site, you may be able to find lower rates.
Many Universal hotels offer package deals that can provide significant savings. These deals often include park tickets, hotel accommodations, and other perks like early park admission and free transportation. It is worth comparing the cost of buying these items separately versus purchasing a package deal to determine which option is the best value for you.
Perks and Discounts
Universal hotels offer various perks and discounts that can help you save money. For example, if you are an annual passholder, you may be eligible for discounted room rates. Additionally, some hotels offer discounts for AAA members, military personnel, and Florida residents. Before booking your stay, be sure to research all available discounts to see if you qualify.
|Perks and Discounts
|Hard Rock Hotel
|$250-$600 per night
|Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
|$250-$700 per night
|Universal’s Endless Summer Resort
|$100-$200 per night
As you can see, each Universal hotel offers different options for cost and value. It is important to consider your budget and needs when choosing the best option for your stay.
Universal Hotel Options
When visiting Universal Orlando Resort, staying at one of their on-site hotels can enhance the overall experience. Universal Hotels offer a variety of options for guests to choose from, ranging from luxurious resorts to more budget-friendly accommodations. Here’s a comprehensive guide to the Universal Hotel options:
- Loews Portofino Bay Hotel: This luxurious hotel is modeled after the Italian seaside village of Portofino. It boasts a beautiful harbor, three themed pools, and a full-service spa. With nine restaurants and lounges, guests can indulge in a variety of dining options. The hotel also offers exclusive benefits to guests, such as early park admission and complimentary water taxis to the parks.
- Hard Rock Hotel: This hotel is perfect for music lovers, as it features a rock ‘n’ roll theme throughout the property. The hotel has a 12,000-square-foot pool, two restaurants, and a variety of live music events. Guests can also take advantage of early park admission and complimentary transportation to the parks.
- Loews Royal Pacific Resort: This hotel is inspired by the South Pacific, with lush landscaping and a lagoon-style pool. The hotel features six restaurants, a full-service spa, and a variety of activities for kids. Guests can also enjoy early park admission and complimentary water taxis to the parks.
- Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort: This retro-themed hotel is perfect for families who want a more budget-friendly option. The hotel has two large pools, a lazy river, and a bowling alley. With a variety of dining options, guests can enjoy classic American dishes. The hotel also offers shuttle service to the parks.
- Universal’s Aventura Hotel: This modern hotel offers stunning views of the surrounding area. The hotel has a rooftop bar, a pool, and a variety of dining options. Guests can also take advantage of early park admission and shuttle service to the parks.
- Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Dockside Inn and Suites: This budget-friendly hotel features a relaxed surf-inspired theme. The hotel has two large pools and a pool bar, as well as a variety of dining options. Guests can also take advantage of shuttle service to the parks.
- Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Surfside Inn and Suites: This hotel is also part of the Endless Summer Resort, with a beachy theme throughout the property. The hotel has two large pools and a poolside bar, and guests can enjoy a variety of dining options. Shuttle service to the parks is also available.
When choosing a Universal Hotel, keep in mind the budget, the theme, and the amenities that are important to you. Unfortunately, not all hotels offer the same benefits to guests – for example, only Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, Hard Rock Hotel, and Loews Royal Pacific Resort offer complimentary water taxis to the parks. Remember to check the official Universal Orlando Resort website for the latest information on each hotel’s offerings.
Choosing the right Universal hotel can make all the difference in your vacation experience. Consider your priorities, such as proximity to the parks, on-site amenities, room options, and cost.
All of the Universal hotels offer something unique, so take the time to research each one and find the perfect fit for your family.
No matter which Universal hotel you choose, you’re sure to have a memorable and exciting vacation at Universal Orlando Resort.